The Liebster Award compact charges it’s recipients with answering 10 personal questions assigned by the blogger who nominated you. These are the questions Snoogiefisk at MostlyTrueRamblings gave me to answer. Next post will be the ten bloggers I have nominated for the award. Yeah, I’m looking’ for ya now.
1. If you had an undo button, what would you undo? ——– Every cruel word I ever said to my husband.
2. Why do you blog ? —— Because writing about my dogs, and therefore my life, sort of, makes me happy in a way nothing else does. It is an angst free, non- judgemental activity. Pure joy. I write to make myself laugh. Talk about self -involved!
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? —— Self criticism that is rooted in negativity. Then I would be as happy in all aspects of my life as I am in my writing.
4. What is your “super power” that makes you different from everyone else? ——- I don’t have one. I may have a talent or two that makes me different from others, but groups me with others with similar talents. I think people come equipped for their life, and with the ability to gain “powers” along the way as they develop, allowing them to grow in wisdom and gain happiness.
5. What did you want to be when you grew up? ——– I didn’t know. I was a creative child, but in the Fifties, a shy girl- child with artistic talents had few obvious career choices. Looking back, it’s amazing to me how that “man’s world” patronized women. You had to be tough to think of yourself in their league. I wasn’t tough. But I learned.
6. Have you ever cried because you were so happy? ——- I don’t think so. Do people throw up because the dinner is good? No, I know what you mean, but I tend to laugh when I’m happy. I have laughed til I cried, but that’s only a physical reaction.
7. What scares you the most? ——- The thought of losing my children or grandchildren. That’s the wake-you-up-at-3am sort of thing that I forcibly pry the tentacles of my sabotaging mind off of. Bad sentence, but you get the idea.
8. What impact do you want to leave on the world? ——- Very few people leave an impact that can be noted,measured, and put in the history books. However, we all leave subtle traces of our lives, impacting others in ways we often never know, at least in our material forms. My philosophy is the end never justifies the means, because we cannot ever know all the consequences of our actions…or, the impact we have. Therefore, we must try for right thoughts and right intentions, leading to right actions. This is nearly impossible to do consistently, so do things that bring joy to your life, because it’s contagious, and be mindful of your environment to keep it, and you and others healthy.
9. Life is too short to tolerate…..——–People who suck the life out of you with their unending problems. Cut them loose…you aren’t doing them or you any good.
10. What are you procrastinating on right now? —— Calling my dentist. Did I ask to be reminded? Jeez.